How to apply
Start by reviewing all the information and complete all instructions on the UF Office of Admissions graduate admission webpage.
Once you are ready to begin the application process, create an account here.
On-line application: includes $30 processing fee, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, and writing sample:
- The statement of purpose should describe the applicant’s reasons for undertaking graduate study in sociology, including both educational and personal experiences that have influenced the decision to attend graduate school. It should also describe the applicant’s future career plans. The statement should describe the planned area of concentration within sociology if it has already been chosen.
- The most useful letters of recommendation are from college instructors who can address the applicant’s readiness to do graduate work in sociology.
- Official GRE and TOEFL scores sent by ETS (code 5812)
- Official transcripts for each undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree completed or in progress sent by the university or college where the degree was earned
- Upload a copy of your CV or resume
- Upload a statement of purpose. You may send a longer statement of purpose to Dr. Ardelt
- Upload a writing sample. Alternatively, you may send the writing sample as an email attachment to the graduate coordinate, Dr. Ardelt .