How to apply
First, read all the information and complete all instructions on the UF Office of Admissions graduate admission webpages. Click on this link to get to them: UF Office of Admissions: Graduate Admissions. Submit these materials to the UF Office of Admissions (201 Criser Hall PO Box 114000 Gainesville FL 32611-4000)
On-line application: includes $30 processing fee, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation:
- The statement of purpose should describe the applicant’s reasons for undertaking graduate study in criminology, including both educational and personal experiences that have influenced the decision to attend graduate school. It should also describe the applicant’s future career plans. The statement should describe the planned area of concentration within criminology if it has already been chosen.
- The most useful letters of recommendation are from college instructors who can address the applicant’s readiness to do graduate work in criminology.
- Official GRE and TOEFL scores sent by ETS
- Official transcripts for each undergraduate, graduate and professional degree completed or in progress sent by the university or college where the degree was earned
- Upload a copy of your CV or resume
- Upload a statement of purpose. You may send a longer statement of purpose directly to Dr. Ceobanu, University of Florida, Department of Sociology and Criminology & Law, PO Box 117330, 3219 Turlington Hall, Gainesville FL 32611-7330
Second, submit a writing sample: Send the writing sample directly to Dr. Ceobanu, University of Florida, Department of Sociology and Criminology & Law, PO Box 117330, 3219 Turlington Hall, Gainesville FL 32611-7330.
In extenuating circumstances we will accept paper applications. There are two options:
- Print out application materials using your web browser’s print function and submit on paper to the department http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/forms.html
- Request a paper application by contacting the, Department of Sociology and Criminology & Law PO Box 117330 University of Florida Gainesville FL 32611-7330