Assistant Professor of Sociology
Office: Turlington Hall 3344
Spring 2020 Office Hours: Wednesday 3:00-5:00 pm or By appointment
- International Migration (SYA 4930)
- Health Disparities (SYA 6407)
- Social Network Analysis (SYA 7933)
- Methods of Social Research (SYA 4300)
- Advanced Quantitative Methods (SYA 7933)
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods (SYA 7933)
Areas of Specialization
- Social networks
- Health inequalities
- Science and scientific collaboration
- McCarty, C., Lubbers, M., Vacca, R., & Molina, J. L. 2019. “Conducting personal
network research. A practical guide.” Guilford Press.
- Vacca, R. 2019. “Structure in personal networks: Constructing and comparing typologies.” Network Science, 1-26.
- Vacca, R., Jeanne-Marie R. Stacciarini, and Mark Tranmer. 2019. “Cross-Classified Multilevel Models for Personal Networks: Detecting and Accounting for Overlapping Actors.” Sociological Methods & Research 004912411988245.
- Vacca, R., Solano, G., Lubbers, M. J., Molina, J. L., & McCarty, C. 2018. “A personal network approach to the study of immigrant structural assimilation and transnationalism.” Social Networks, 53:72–89.
- Leone Sciabolazza, V., Vacca, R., Kennelly Okraku, T., & McCarty, C. 2017. “Detecting and analyzing research communities in longitudinal scientific networks.” PLoS One, 12(8), e0182516.