Assistant Professor of Sociology
Office: Turlington Hall 3344
Hours: By appointment
- International Migration (SYA 4930)
- Health Disparities (SYA 6407)
- Social Network Analysis (SYA 7933)
- Methods of Social Research (SYA 4300)
- Advanced Quantitative Methods (SYA 7933)
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods (SYA 7933)
Areas of Specialization
- Health disparities
- Social networks
- Science and scientific collaboration
- McCarty, C., Lubbers, M., Vacca, R., & Molina, J. L. 2019. Conducting personal
network research. A practical guide. Guilford Press.
- Vacca, R. 2019. Structure in personal networks: Constructing and comparing typologies. Network Science. (In press.)
- Stacciarini, J. M. R., Vacca, R., & Mao, L. 2018. Who and where: A socio-spatial analytic approach for community-based health research. The International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 15(7), 1375.
- Vacca, R. 2018. Multilevel models for personal networks: Methods and applications. Italian Journal of Applied Statistics, 30(1), 59–97.
- Vacca, R., Solano, G., Lubbers, M. J., Molina, J. L., & McCarty, C. 2017. A personal network approach to the study of immigrant structural assimilation and transnationalism. Social Networks, 53:72–89.
- Leone Sciabolazza, V., Vacca, R., Kennelly Okraku, T., & McCarty, C. 2017. Detecting and analyzing research communities in longitudinal scientific networks. PLoS One, 12(8), e0182516.